EEMB Battery Safety
Since Lithium batteries are electrochemical products and belong to Class 9 dangerous goods, it is necessary to emphasize the safety of batteries.
#Battery Safety Compliances
Military standard GJB 9001B-2009
Battery directive 2006/66/EC
UL: file number MH20555
Low-temperature battery patent
#Using Lithium Battery Safely
Safe product design when using lithium polymer batteries, lithium-ion batteries：
- PCM, the function of the protection circuit module (PCM) is to protect the battery from being overcharged, over-discharged, and short-circuited caused by external circuitry.
- NTC, as a temperature sensor, can identify the corresponding temperature by detecting the resistance value of the resistor.
Safe product design when using Li-SOCL2 battery and Li-MnO2 battery：
- Diode, acts to prevent reverse charging between the batteries and prevent the battery from exploding.
- Set the cut-off voltage, and be sure that the cut-off voltage of the battery is not lower than 2V; otherwise the battery will be over-discharged, causing damage or an explosion.
# Matters Require Special Attention
- It is strictly forbidden to heat or throw the battery into the fire.
- It is strictly forbidden to throw the battery in liquids such as water, gasoline, beverages, etc.
- It is strictly prohibited to use batteries close to the source of fire or in the car where the temperature may be higher than 60℃.
- Do not charge/discharge under such conditions.
- It is strictly forbidden to put metal items such as batteries and necklaces in pockets or bags with hairpin, coin or screw.
- It is strictly forbidden to short circuit the (+) and (-) terminals to other metals.
- Don't put cells in devices with (+) and (-) in the wrong way.
- It is strictly forbidden to pierce cells with sharp objects such as needles.
- It is strictly forbidden to disassemble or modify the battery.
- Direct welding of batteries is strictly prohibited.
CR Coin Battery Handling Precautions!!!
Li-ion Coin Battery Handling Precautions!!!
Battery Pack w/Connector Handling Precautions!!!